Polish Nurserymen Association acts on the basis of the act "Law on associations" of April 7, 1989 (Journal of Laws No. 20, position 104) and statute; it is incorporated in the Register of Associations of the National Court Register with the number 66013.
It is a member of the European Nursery Stock Association and partner for others operating in the greenery branch (Polish Association of Gardening Centers, Polish Association of Green Areas Contractors and Landscape Architects).
Polish Nurserymen Association is the association of tree, shrub and perennial as well as fruit plant manufacturers.
Its main goals are:
• representation and protection of interests of associated nurserymen
• promotion of greenery and plants as well as popularization of knowledge of trees, shrubs and perennials
• dissemination of modern production methods and knowledge needed for conducting a nursery enterprise
Leading undertaking of the association is the International Exhibition "Green is life" that has been organized since 1993 in Warsaw - the largest branch event of BTB type (business to business) in Poland and Central Europe. The exhibition has a popularization role in presenting the abundance of plants, nursery achievements, novelties and inspirations, promoting the knowledge of plants and practical solutions.
Polish Nurserymen Association for its members:
• publishes informative "Nursery Newsletter", containing regular theme sections, monitors changes of binding provisions of law
• undertakes work leading to beneficial interpretation of the provisions
• organizes collective nursery expositions and information stands of the Polish Nurserymen Association at the prestigious international and national exhibitions
• conducts interesting workshops and trainings, involving high class specialists
• annually publishes the Catalog of Nurseries and disseminates it free of charge among individual and institutional recipients
• publishes current information concerning nurseries with the information about their production on www.polskierosliny.pl
• constantly updates, prepared by its experts, the database of plants produced by members, establishing at the same time uniform nomenclature used in offers
• provides current information about varieties protected by law
• looks after the integration of the association
• organizes national and international excursions to the leading nursery companies in Europe and other parts of the world
Promotion of greenery and plants are the tasks for which Polish Nurserymen Association has been created by the Agencja Promocji Zieleni Sp. z o.o. (Greenery Promotion Agency). It supports its actions through the popularization of nurseries and creation of green life-style. It is the organizer of the International Exhibition "Green is life" and its tasks also include publishing of work closely related to nursery production promotion of the union members such as "Catalog of Plants" and "Catalog of Perennials", recommended by the Polish Nurserymen Association. Constant cooperation with media and PR activity leads to the popularization of knowledge of use of plants. The web page www.zszp.pl containing the Internet Catalog of Plants is also of great help in the promotion of nursery products.
Polish Nurserymen Association:
• is invited to give opinions and consult legislative work
• is the expert for consumers